Monday, February 20, 2012

Wavy Feathers Wimple

This was on the needles for a long time, almost 2 years.  I put too many beads in it, which made it slow knitting, and I think it would have been much more fun and quicker without the beads.  But it was for a friend who really likes beads and shiny things.  She's like a crow.  It's the Wavy Feathers Qiviut Wimple pattern from Caryll Designs.  I didn't make it with Qiviut, though.  I used Louet Kid-Lin, which is a strand of Kid Mohair and a strand of Linen plied loosely together.  Similar to Rowan Kidsilk Haze, only not as fluffy.   It's a very nice yarn, though.  The two fibers together create a lovely texture, and the linen is shiny enough alone to give it a kind of pearlescent look.  I would definitely use it again.  The lace pattern was fairly easy, and pretty in this yarn.  I would definitely knit this again, only without the beads.  It's good for people who don't like to wear hats, because it doesn't smoosh your bangs or give you "hat hair" but still provides some warmth.  I used 2 skeins, had about 1/3 skein left over.

No comments: